We are grateful to ISPE Fellow Howard Gosling for the following:
ISPE members should be made aware that an updated version of the HSE guidance document “HSG 282 The control of legionella and other infectious agents in spa-poolsystems” has been posted on the HSE website today. This corrects one or two technical errors and makes some editorial amendments as follows:
- Paragraph 7: change legionellae to legionella [note that in HSE house style, the genus is all lower case and not italicised]
- Paragraph 46: type of treatment to control microbiological activity, e.g. chlorine method used to control pH; [semicolon after chlorine and insert bullet point for method used to control pH]
- Table 1: Insert ‘At least’ before ‘twice’ in first and fourth rows.
- Paragraph 126: an air temperature of 1 degree C above the water temperature.
- Paragraph 165: remove reference to dip slides.
- Glossary: Bromine … pH value [not level].
Items 3 and 5 are technically important and could affect advise given to clients.
You can quickly distinguish between this and the previous version by looking at the footer on page 62.