The Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers was set up in 1978 to establish an organisation for the individual swimming pool engineer (no corporate membership) to:
- foster a professional approach to the design, installation and maintenance of swimming pools, enclosures and all ancillary equipment;
- give recognition to technical skill and ability;
- engage in the education and training of persons within all sectors of the swimming pool industry;
- promote unrestricted co-operation and liaison between all persons actively involved in the industry and its allied professions and trades;
- provide opportunities for association and interchange of thought and experience amongst the members and their colleagues.
- There are two completely separate routes to obtaining membership of the Institute: Either
1. Application for Membership for direct admission based on age and experience within the swimming pool industry. For more information please see the Membership page.
2. Student Registration via the ISPE Home Study Course and examination to qualified Technician. For more information please see the Student Membership page.
The ISPE organise a series of free-to-attend Workshops at the main UK Swimming Pool and Spa Exhibition SPATEX each year. For more details about SPATEX 2021 see: https://www.spatex.co.uk
Virtual SPATEX 2021 takes place
Tuesday 2nd February to Thursday 4th February
NEWLY ADDED – ISPE Workshop Videos
ISPE launched its new (FREE) Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Scheme at SPATEX 2017.
See the CPD page for more details.